Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I have called California Unemployment (CA EDD) about 120 times. Every single time I have called, I have received the pre-recorded message which states that they have too many incoming calls, and that they are unable to handle my request. The connection is then severed. I have called at different times of the day, different times of the month, and I have yet to speak to an actual person. I am curious if anyone has ever been able to contact CA EDD over the phone.|||Following is the method I've employed successfully for the last year:
1) Set aside a minimum of 2 hours for this project
2) Never call on Monday or Friday and start calling at 8 AM.
3) Make sure your phone has auto-redial.
4) There are 2 possible lines you will reach. One is to get on hold for an operator, one is an automated line which will never reach an operator. You will soon learn the difference in the voices giving you instructions. Hang up immediately when you get the second voice and redial. (The "right" line's message uses a somewhat grim voice. The "wrong" line's message uses a disgustingly perky voice. Also, the "right" line's ring lasts a while. The "wrong" line's ring is short before you're connected.)
5) When you get through to the line which can lead to an actual operator, push the required buttons. You will find out which they are and future redials will go a lot faster. (Last week, the numbers were 1, 2, 4, 3 in that order. No need to listen to the message, just push the buttons.)
6) After you push the correct buttons, you will be told that all operators are busy and you will be disconnected.
7) Redial the number.
8) Repeat 4 through 7 above. If, after 2 hours, you still haven't gotten an operator, go do something else for a while then return to 4 through 8 above.
9) Eventually you will get through. Be very nice to the operator. It's not his/her fault that there are not enough people answering the phones.
10) Do a little dance to celebrate the successful solution of your problem.

The only additional suggestion I have is that you repeat the mantra "Patience is a virtue."|||I had to deal with them in April of last year. They sent me a letter with a phone appointment, time and date that I had to call in. The letter stated that if I did not call my unemployment app would be automatically denied. When the time came I ran into the same thing you are dealing with. Ridiculous!|||No one works there anymore. They were all laid off. Everyone in California, other than actors and singers, are on unemployment.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment