Friday, February 24, 2012

Some people have different opinions about Californians and California as a state. They even have stereotypes about them. So tell me, what are your opinions?|||California is the best. Ive been living here my entire life and I can't imagine being away from here. I went to Arizona, it was boring and real hot. Colorado..same thing. Nevada...way too hot for me and theres nothing there...except vegas...California has six flags, disney land, sights, and...a lot more..|||The people in southern california are fun but fake. The state itself is beautiful the beaches are fun, the lakes and rivers the camping is all great. The trees in arrowhead and seqouia national park are breathtaking, really truly one of the best places with so much to offer everyone and anyone.|||Californians vary tremendously by the area of California they come from. I have some sterotypes, but they are not that strong. For reasons I have yet to grasp, I met an awful lot of airheads in CA. I could not for the life of me figure out how they qualified for college. Even at Univ. of CA which I was told was extremely competitive.

Other than that, in general, Californians TEND to be more tolerant of those who are different and less likely to go around with a stick up their butts. That is, if you are not in contact with the extreme conservatives.|||I live in California so maybe I'm prejudiced. But I love it here. Wonderful climate, great diversity of both geography and people.

California is a 'new' place, barely 150 years old. It began with a gold rush, which brought in people from all over, not just across the US but across the Pacific--in the 1850s, it was as easy to get here from China or Japan as it was from the east coast. Because 95% of people in CA were newcomers, we didn't have any elite class like older places. So we began as a very democratic place, where everyone was as good as everyone else. To this day, we pass most of our big laws through the initiative process, by ballot initiative (which is both a good and bad thing). And we tend to be more tolerant of foreigners, strange religions, alternate sexualities, etc. etc. We have every kind of ethnic restaurant you can imagine. We learn about other cultures through their food. 8^)

California has always been a 'bellweather' state, meaning that trends that spread across the country start here (the other bellweather states are Colorado, Florida and Massachusetts).

It's a great place to live, at least along the coast where most of the population is. The climate is great, it only rains a little during the Winter. In a weekend you can go to ocean, desert, redwood forest, alpine mountains, historical sites, etc. etc. The only problem is that so many people want to live here the place has gotten a little crowded.

People in 'middle America' who b*tch and moan about California, I think they're just jealous! 8^)|||Well, i love surfer boys with long blonde hair. so naturally, i love california :D

and i love the ocean and surfing, fashion and just the art of living off the land...
im totally going to move there when im older.
plus, all the people are just so much bolder there...
:D i likey.|||I just moved her 2 years ago and LOVE it. There is no better state to live in as far as all the things this state has to offer...mountains, beaches, snow, sun, deserts...etc...And everyone here is like everyone else that I have ever lived near, and I have lived in about 10 states across the country, up and down the east coast and west. Love it!|||From what I've heard, California is one of the most diverse places to live, and that's a big plus for me. I want to move there one day after I graduate college.|||I wish Godzilla would pick up the state capitol from Sacramento and throw it to Los Angeles.|||it's the most dangerous state in the US
I'm happily from Washington St. so I feel pretty safe
last time I went to CA I was 7 & now I'm 16 so I only remember Disneyland lol|||I've visited Pasadena when I was younger but don't really remember much. I wanna visit again now that i'm older to see if it's any better than Chicago, IL.|||californians are horrible drivers but the state itself is really expensive but also awesome|||my sister went to california for spring break n she loooved it now she wants to move there lol so i guess its pretty nice over there|||Im from germany but Ive been in california since i was 3. I love it.|||California rawkz my sox|||They're just like every other American.|||A strange land of fruits and nuts.|||i hope it falls into the ocean.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment