Monday, February 6, 2012

Greetings,

I am in the military and stationed in DC, I would like to get my motorcycle license and am a resident of California. I can take the free Safety Course offered by the Navy but I need a motorcycle permit from CA. Anyway it can be done? The CA DMV call line is useless and there is no way to contact them via email. Thank you in advance.|||I don't believe you can get an M1 license without taking the motorcycle skills test at a California DMV office. However, you might check with the DC authorities to see whether you can ride there with an out of state (or out of district) automobile license. I suspect you can, since not all states have separate licensing for 2-wheeled motor vehicles.

(You obviously do not want to get a DC license, which would mean changing your residence to DC, and losing your CA residence.)|||When I was stationed in Alaska I just obtained a permit from Alaska. Then when I finished my safety course I went to the Alaskan DMV and obtained an Alaskan drivers license with motorcycle on it. Then if you were to go to another state you can just take it to the DMV and have them switch it to that state.|||You just get a permit in DC, it doesn't have to be in cali.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment