Friday, February 17, 2012

I am a Canadian who is planning to move to California in the next year. I have a 4 year undergraduate bachelors degree and a post-graduate bachelor of education from the province of Ontario. I am qualified to teach French and Art in grades 7-12. Does anyone know if my qualifications will be valid in California? What do I need to do to be hired by a school board as an international applicant? What kind of visa would I need? Any relevant info would be very helpful. Thanks!|||GOOD luck...There are massive budget cuts in California. They are axing teachers left and right. Most of us California
credentialed teachers cant find jobs, let alone someone from out of the country. California demands A LOT from its teachers in terms of testing and degrees, yet does very little to keep teachers happy. I hate to be cynical, but California isn't where the teaching jobs are. If you aren't teaching Math/Science or Special Education, then you're in a world of hurt. Sorry to sound cynical...
Good luck thou!|||First of all, you would need to have some kind of visa status, such as a permanent residency, that would allow you to work in the United States. You can't just come here and start working, any more than we can do that in Canada.

Secondly, you would need to be credentialled in California. It sounds to me like your degrees would be fine, but you would still need to take the exams to be able to work as a teacher here.

火车采集器
  • the office full episodes
  • seattle
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment