Friday, February 17, 2012

I am doing an assignment for my Torts class, and it asks for a statute in California regarding liability for Wild Animal attacks.

As far as I can tell, there is no statute, only the common law doctrine of strict liability.

Is there a statute at all?|||I'd talk to Animal control. They will know.|||how are you doing your search? are you a law student?

my guess is you better start with a good definition of "wild/exotic animals"

find that definition in the code, then go from there.

alternatively, find cases related to the matter, and read the record to see what was cited.|||The statute of limitations to file a civil tort claim is two years from the time of the injury. If the victim is a minor, the statute starts to toll when the person turns 18.|||If it is a matter of personal injury, there is a two year statute. Otherwise I know of no other statute.|||I have never heard of Strict Liability for wild animal attacks. Who would you sue? Mother Nature?|||Who would you go after if you are attacked by a wild animal in the woods?|||Silly..............animals cannot sue you in a court of law.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment