Monday, February 6, 2012

I hear so much about illegal immigrants in California trashing up neighborhoods, being destestable etc.. In Texas, we have a large hispanic community which yes some are illegal while others are not. I hear some give their political reasons as to why they are against it but then I hear people talk about cultural differences and speak negatively about how their neighborhoods look and so forth.

In California, are people scared of hispanics or illegal immigrants? In Texas, I don't see as many scared people. It's very odd so that is why I'm asking because stereotypically, you would think California would be more liberal than the stereotype of conservative Texas.

There is a small movement against illegal immigrants and from what I've seen, most of those people are very xenophobic and scared. They have their few token hispanic citizens, asians and blacks but stupid people cannot keep a movement together when underneath it all, they want division.|||Here in California, the gang problem is MASSIVE, the schools are dumbed down because little Maria and Jose can't speak english(yet we throw about $4000/year MORE at each student only to get garbage in-garbage out), HS drop-out is rampant, there poppin out kids like Rabbits, they stop on the side of the HWY during rush hour to take a leak in full view of 10,000 people, they throw trash around like it's Tiajuanna, they don't embrace higher education, they don't speak english, they don't assimilate into society, they overpopulate our prisions, our social services...and they protest in the streets for their RIGHTS!!!

SHALL I continue??!!|||I agree New Day!!

Report Abuse

|||That is the most ignorant.. stereotypical statement I have ever real in my life... I come from a large Mexican American family... my father came here illegally... he is now a citizen as is most of my family... almost everybody in my family graduated high school (and college) with a 4.0 G.P.A.

Report Abuse

|||Dont be jealous because we are taking over the USA we are brown and proud. In Texas we out number the whites so they are afraid of us and they respect us.Viva La Raza Viva Mexico

Report Abuse

|||Linda, I was wondering the same thing.....It baffles my mind, being California is supposed to be so much more progressive than Texas...I live in Texas, its a wonderful state, sure we have our problems, but I don't see the disdain towards Mexicans and Hispanics, which I hear others speak.....People are always complaining Mexicans are trashing California, and yet this state has the highest property values in the country, is that a enigma? How can one explain it? My only explanation is that California has a population problem....Too many people packed in concentrated areas, always produces stress and animosity.....Texas are so spread out, people don't feel so close to each other....Just a theory anyways, great question....

One last comment, I live on the largest border city in the entire US, El Paso.....We have a peaceful quite community, don't get me wrong, we have VERY high taxes....But our crime rate is very low, compared with other cities our size, but people here, really do live in harmony....What am I missing? Is this just the gateway, where many come through and don't stay? I don't know, but I do know there are many illegals working in this town, and you rarely hear crimes committed by these people....|||a sixer of Lone Star versus Coors Light.|||I have to see the ones in Texas.|||latitude|||longitude.|||We have more guns in Texas.|||The texan Illegals are bow legged and spit tabaccy. The California illegals steal nice cars and buy coffree from starbucks and eat at the Red Lobster.|||In California, the sheer volume and poverty of illegal immigrants is ruining our schools and closing our hospitals for our own people.

Call it what you will, I'm against that.

(Although, Chee could be right about the salsa, too.)|||location
California- Pacific West Region
Texas- Central Mid Region|||I haven't been to Texas so I wouldn't now.|||Most people have guns in Texas and I believe you can get guns fairly easily if you're legal (although it's not that hard to get illegally either). As a result most people are secure in the knowledge that if some moron goes shooting everyone in sight most Texans will grab their gun and shoot the moron. Better off killing a killer than being shot at and watching your kids die. I believe that was the gun lobby's defence for the Virginian massacre earlier this year.|||I'm from LA, and we have a large domestic immigration problem. People from other states come here and are less tolerant. Most of the racist I incounter is from outside the state. Illegal immigration is changing the politics in California, areas that are formerly conservative has turn liberal. THere is a lot of tension when our lifestyle has been turn upside down. I see the responsible wrokin harder to support the poor, rather than a system promoting people to improve themselves. The sudden demographic change has detroyed alot of peoples lifestyle. THe pay of the African AMericans has dropped dramatically and their political clout has decrease. COrrupt Hispanic leaders has given a bad name to the Mexicans. We have been prossecuting alot of Mexican AMerican MAyors for corruption, and Villeragosa , LA's mayor has been found guilty of impropriety of campaign finance, and I seen some racist policies and other land development inproprieties. (I voted for him, but I won't him out). We see it difficult to get rid of him, because some hispanics refuse to acknowledge problems with him. As for gangs, I do see it, but we always had a gang problem. THe Hispanic gangs only replaced the Bloods and the Crips. As for schools, I seen something scary last week, as La Raza or some other militant Hispanic group spoke at a school meeting. I heard two Hispanics speak and they were literally asking the school to dumb down our curriculum so their kids won't look stupid. I think the main reason is that the liberals has taken over California recently and the conservatives who lived here are getting fustrated that the government is letting immigrants take advantage of us.

Truthfully, I rarely heard anyone speak badly about immigrants until the May 1st 2006 protest. I think that was the straw that broke a lot of peoples back. Frankly I didn't care much until I saw all the hate in the internet.

Edit: Actually It could be impression. I do see more fellow Californians here, but the second largest group of people on this site are Texans. We are the two largest states too.|||Better salsa???|||Its because in California it got to the point where illegals make up a large chunk of the population and they take a lot of the jobs.

There is more traffic, less employment, less English and more crime.

I think this is why there is less support for breaking the law and entering a country illegally in California then any other state..

if you think about it though people in Africa have a way worse life then in Mexico so mexicans should appreciate their country more.

it looks more like a pull factor where they want money rather then a push where they are under threat.|||You want to know how scared they are in California. I had a talk with a friend who move to Oregon the other day, and he moved from California. Said the crime rate is so high there that now people are heading out of Cali and move to Oregon too. The only difference is that now that they have moved to Oregon (where the crime rate seems rather low) Californians want to change Oregon gun laws, and such to encroach upon Oregonians lives because they were so fearful of the crime down there. Now whether or not the crime in Cali is mostly from illegal immigrants - which is highly unlikely since gangs were there long before. But whatever it is Californians are afraid of - they're scattering too.|||Do you live in inner city Dallas? If not, you are missing the only environment that compares to the stories in California: inner city San Diego and LA.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment