Friday, February 17, 2012

I live in California, and I'm selling my car to my daughter in Minnesota in July.

My car of course does not know snow, or icy roads, or any of that stuff they have in Minnesota.

I have anti-freeze, of course, as it does freeze here occasionally in the winter, and my heater works, and the car is generally running very well.

However, I've never lived in such a harsh cold climate, and my poor car has not either! What should I do prior to my selling so that she has a good car for the climate?|||Well generally you should not have to do to much. If your car is relatively new, less than 100,000, the antifreeze should still be fine. You may want to add a little more straight antifreeze if you are unsure. It is cheap and it is better to be safe then to have the car freeze up and have to replace the engine. Also if the elevation is extremely high you may have to replace the oxygen sensors. There is a small chance this will apply. The best bet with this is just to wait until you get there and if it is running like crap, loss of power, then this is your problem. Also in Minnesotta I believe it rains alot. Does your car run good in the rain in California? If it does than there is nothing to be concerned with. If it does not ie. it sputters and there is a lack of power then the spark plugs and wires may need to be replaced. Other than that consult your owners manual to determine which engine oil the manufacturers recommends for your car in those temperatures. It is a certaintanty that it will be much thinner than you run in California due to the fact that oil thickens and gels up in cold climates. That is about all I can think of. The most important being the engine oil and the antifreeze. Hope all is well and enjoy your trip.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment