Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I only work part time as an online educator for a school based in California. I claimed this income on my federal taxes but do I need to file California state taxes? Why?|||If you reside and work in WA then you are not liable for CA taxes.

If money was withheld then it would be in your best interests to file just to get that money refunded.

When you fill out the CA state income tax form just answer the questions and from what I understand from your question is you will qualify as a nonresident.|||Where did you physically do the work? If you worked from home in WA state, does the W-2 reflect this or not?|||If you had done the work in CA, or your W-2 said CA, then you would be required to file CA state taxes. Because you did the worked in WA and your W-2 says that, you do not have to file CA state taxes. The location of the company does not matter. The location where the work was done is what matters.|||what state is listed on the w2? I don't mean your address, I mean down on the bottom where it says state tax. What state does it say.:? that is the state that your income is reported to.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment