Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm living in San Francisco, CA and I want to start my own production company but I'm current living at a temporary address there. I have a permanent address in Alabama but I'm not sure if starting my business there is a good idea because I know I one day want to move to California permanently. If I start my business in Alabama will there be anyway to move it to California one day? And is there anyway to start a business in a state you don't permanently live in?|||I agree with you that using your 'Bama address is not a good idea for doing business in California.

I disagree strongly that you need a business plan, market resarch, etc. You seem to have an idea of the direction you want to go in and business plans are over-rated. If they were important, then Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Walmart would have had them when they started. That's terrible advice from a self-proclaimed 'business advisor'. Let alone a top contributor.

If you have contacts, just go for it.

To answer your question, you can open a business in any state in which you do not live. You can do so legally as long as most of your business will be done in that state.

You can get a PO Box for about $88 bucks for 6 months, however you might want to consider spending a bit more and going to a MailBoxes Etc. or something similar, which allows you to use their address and your mailbox number as a suite number. This appears to others as a location and if you are working remotely, it really won't matter.

Additionally, if you have mail coming in and are still in Alabama, they will be able to send important things to you. You won't get that kind of service from a PO Box. They'll charge you for it, but so what!|||was in SF again last week. used to live there a zillion years ago.

to do something BY THE BOOK, no. to do something in practicality--just do it.
since you are not intending to commit fraud, no police or license examiner will have any reason to bother
you.

write a biz plan

do market research

get back to me

happy new year

[what type production company?]

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment